Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snap Out of it Bitch

Too. Much. Moping.

Fact.

Fuck me, I cannae even stand to read MYSELF. What are all you lovlies doing being NICE when I write this shite?

Never fear, Epskee's Here! (Well she is sorta back anyways)

*****

So weird shit is going on, folks.

A couple of years ago, I had a client. One who, for a variety of reasons beyond his control, ended up having his company liquidated. Fucker owed me over $6,500 in invoices. I say fucker, because he was a supposed friend, and I know for a fact he has covered many a company bill out of his own pocket. One would have thought some personal restitution would be in order for a personal friend, but no, apparently my friendship is not worth $6.5K.

Anyhoo...... I had written the whole experience (and friendship) off as a lesson learned. (shaddup about the last post) however I came home this week to find a cheue from the firm handling the liquidation. $557.63

Totally not 6.5K, but definately enough to bother banking. Hooray for little happy's!

*****

Not so nice - but I'm taking compliments any which way I can get them at the moment seeing as I could do with smiling - was Inadequate Boyfriend being offered $500 to let this guy fuck me while he watched. Bwah ha ha ha! Hilarious! *quietly calculates how many trips to the whorehouse he could get for that*

Not as much as I have been offered previously, but I am also a serious lard-ass at the moment, so I guess it evens out. And no, nobody even considered accepting this offer, or the previous ones thankyouverymuch.

*****

I was out after Hockey Training the other day, doing as all lard-asses do when they have just excersised off a few calories, buying chips for dinner from the local chippie (as I am a lazy moo-er and cant be fucked cooking after a long looooong day with a child who by all accounts is about to seriously perish if he is not fed in the next 3 minutes precisely) and was accosted by the local nutter and proposed to. 

Of course I reacted appropriately and shoo-ed the child inside and avoided eye contact, explaining to the starvin marvin that yes he is a total nutter. However upon placing the order for grossly saturated fat covered filth, my usual conversation with my favourite guy behind the counter of this family run store went a slightly non-usual way.

The family is Lebanese, and actually from about 5kms away from Inadequate Boyfriend's home town. I have a long standing frindship with these people, who helped me with calling cards and the language when the fella went home for a few weeks a few years ago (a trip he regularly takes, and each time they have been such a help negotiating language barriers etc) Anyhoo........ Favourite Chippie Cooker asks the usual questions about the fella, and I tell him its not looking good. I expected to hear "aww, thats no good. She'll be right" because lets face it, thats all boys say, as they live in constant "Fear of the Tear" from us sheila's. But oh no! In addition to my proposal from the nutter on my way in, I was now greeted with his professing to like me, and promises to demonstrate his affection and superior-boyfriend-skillz by, and I quote "winning you off him coz I know better how to treat a woman and show I love her"

Umm......... I was sure all I asked for was $5.00 chips with just a little plain salt.

Apparently there are now free sides........


PS - Yes I came clean to the boss. Both of them. I was 100% upfront, and was shaking as I told them. Their reaction? He called me a "silly ole fart". She said "bless, but your an idiot". I was told to stop worrying, that they were not at all concerned, couldn't believe I was shaking over something they did not even care about, and told me that they never doubted me for a minute, had total faith in my integrity, and that the entire episode has only reinforced their opinions. It just goes to show that doing the right thing is, well, the right thing.

Honestly? The very INSTANT I told them I began to feel better. Yes I was shaking, yes my eyes got misty, yes I needed aminute before leaving the boardroom because my legs were wobbly and I felt like I was gunna pee....... but I didnt feel guilty anymore. And we all know how badly I handle feeling guilt!




0 comments: