Wednesday, October 7, 2009

$$$$

Ever wonder what the TRUE cost of things are?

Like, how do you possibly manage to charge $4 for a loaf of bread? Like I can bake my own at home for about 50c. Ok so throw in a bit more for a plastic bag, clippy thing and some transport and wages and overheads, but seriously, $4? Thats what you think you can make out of it, not what's reasonable.

So if $4 for bread is unreasonable and greedy, yet I'm prepared to pay it, what does that say about me?

And building on that, when the "cost" of something is intangible, how do you measure its worth then? What about what your willing to pay, knowing its unreasonable and greedy as $4 bread?

When does the cost become too high, so exhorbitant that no, you're not willing to pay that?

And what happens when its too high and you HAVE paid it, left the store, gone home, made a sandwich, and found a roach in the middle slice?

How do you get a refund when you paid with dignity instead of visa?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You can't get a refund - but you can be more careful next time about who or what you invest your hard earned anything in.

Giggleworthy said...

Ditto what Tracey said. You know the old saying - fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me'

I firmly believe that while pride may make a cold bedfellow, it's better then no bedfellow at all.

I guess for me, I believe that the people who I would be prepared to sacrifice my pride or dignity for are the people who love and respect me enough not to ask it of me.