So do you remember the episode of Sex and the City where Carrie is dumped via a post-it?
Ok so Sex and the City is hardly art, and this isn't a post-it, and I'm not the first/only/most exciting story of inappropriate dumping via modern methods (it wasnt even on crackbook ffs) but I *DO* have a point here, which I'm getting to.... eventually....
So anyways, four - count 'em - FOUR years of friendship dissapated in about 1 minute of text messaging......
Epskee: "Fine. Go back to ignoring me. Maybe I'll go away."
Friend: "Dont worry. I'm way ahead of you on that one."
....
Ok, so in black and white, and without the backstory, I look a little high school. It didnt feel that way at the time.
High school or not, that shit hurt.
This was meant to be a post on friendships, and the amount of work needed to keep them going nowadays. And how some of my friends seem to be falling down on their side of the effort (I said some, not all, chillax!) and how one person did something recently that has me not really liking them any more, which is disappointing more than upsetting, except I'm starting to think that that one little exchange sums it all up enough. At least for now.
Rest in Peace
JDP
01.04.79 - 15.08.09


2 comments:
That is harsh.
I am hearing you though, I am over all the effort I make. I was thinking last night, I may just not contact anyone and see how long it is before someone contacts me, and not for personal gain on their behalf, just contacts me to see how I am.
Ow.
That is definitely a pretty sharp way for a friendship to end.
Stuff like that really makes me value the friendships that have lasted, the ones that have come through the shit and out the other side.
I hope you have a bunch of those that you can find comfort in.
Post a Comment