I am (as you noticed) a girl. Girls do weird things. As evidenced on Melbourne Cup day. When we wear ridiculous hats and shoes, and get involved ina sport that normally we wouldn't even know existed. I mean, squeeky-voiced tiny men in pajamas? Not doing it for me. Definately not sexy, and even if they were, you cant cop a perve on someone thundering past on a large smelly beast, bobbing around like crazy (and therefore not interesting).
So was I ever excited to be dolled up in shoes I couldn't walk in and a hat I couldn't see past, standing at the water cooler at the Melbourne Cup display. Oh boy does my workplace go overboard or what? A huge display in A3 of the latest ground conditions and TAB odds, along with A4 colour displays of each horse, trainer, jockey, form..... you name it. Seven office sweeps on the go, and an organised run to the local TAB branch for all who wanted to place last minute bets. God only knows what the Chinese down in the factory had planned!
My number has always been the number 3. My colour has always been the colour purple (as royalty demands and christ knows im a princess). Im a sucker for a "cool" name. I have just spent the last week at work discussing possible locations for a couple of weeks in tropical splendour, full of sun, sand and sea.
You guessed it. Honolulu was my horse! I spent the rest of the day telling all and sundry they could stop bothering placing their bets, as I already had picked the winner. I went in a couple of the last minute sweeps, but didn't pull my horse out. Oh well, who cares. I had my money on her. I was set.
Where did Honolulu come you ask? Oh thats right, your probably didn't see her finish. She would be the one who came LAST.
In other news, Mooiness! has the best post EVAH right now that all men should go and read. Especially a particular two men in my life right now. So do yourselves a favour and click HERE and have a read.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
The Cup (etc)
Posted by Epskee at 10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Heheh. Well, I dunno about "best" but it's a bit of an alright. :P
Post a Comment